The tech bloggers are having a good cry today as a fellow tech blogger who was fifty died.
He was such a great guy. A real loss for the tech blogging world. Hell, just a real loss for the world.
“For the world” ? Go figure.
If you want to join in here ya go (note, none of these are Powerpoint):
- A Video Tribute To Marc Orchant
- Honoring the Memory of Marc Orchant
- Marc Orchant, Missed by Thousands
- My Good Friend and Colleague, Marc Orchant
- We Lost a True Friend and Man of Honour Today
- R.I.P. Marc Orchant, 1957-2007
- Rest in Peace Marc Orchant
- Goodbye Marc Orchant
- “I will miss you Marc…”
- Two Songs For Marc
- On Losing Marc Orchant
- Techmeme Thread: R.I.P.
UPDATE: After I read (or skimmed) the thirteen posts above, I thought I would just check a little further to see what I could learn about his contributions to the world outside of writing a blog.
So far, I’ve come up empty. There isn’t even a wikipedia entry.
You need to read some of the above links just to see how out of touch the tech bloggers are with what’s going on in “the blogosphere.”
Now if Bob Parsons dies, I’m boo-hooing with the best of them. His contribution is best measured in inches and cups.