Giving old broads and old buzzards hope everywhere, two of the best known and most beloved television Moms are helping US/U.S. cope with our complicated lives.
First, Shirley Jones will take off all her clothes for Playboy. I’ll bet Hef is out of the country for this photo shoot. Full employment for Photoshoppers International Local #666. I don’t know how this helps our complicated lives but more naked people can’t hurt.
Next up, Florence Henderson will help geezers understand this whole new TeeVee digital signal converter gadget thingamabob.
Those people…are old. And they need someone nonthreatening and of comparable age to explain the process in plain, large-print words. Preferably with pretty colors. Florence Henderson, better known as Carol Brady, has stepped up to what we’re sure is a thankless job.
Heres some old fun posts
- 2009 Google Search Keywords Have Nothing to Do With Boomers I try. I really try to stick to my mantra of "stuff written for boomers or those who know one." But Google says people weren't searching for boomer stuff here ... based on these keywords. I should be pleased that a huge majority of traffic here apparently comes from regular readers. The keywords below are a pretty small part of the overall traffic. WordPress has a new plug-in that uses Woopra which varies from Google Analytics. Should be fun to see how things change next year after a full year of getting stats from both. About those of you searching for Going Like Sixty? Try this, it's easier - my pith will automagically show up in your inbox. Subscribe to Going Like Sixty by Email. 1. glenn beck loses advertisers 3,632 - This was strictly a traffic baiter. It was back when Google ranked the top 100 search terms and I had a post going and just added this as an after thought. 2. magic jack 2,275 - Thanks late night infomercials! 3. la mode recto verso 2,017 - Everybody likes poop. 4. gm dealer closing list 1,810 - More search bait based on Google trends. 5. bugatti veyron 588 - I don't have a clue why this got this kind of traffic. I guess I could drill down through the analytics, but I really don't care. 6. florence henderson nude 505 - The post is about Shirley Jones posting nude for Playboy and Florence Henderson advertising a digital set top box. 7. gm dealership closing list 467 8. majic jack 462 9. going like sixty 419 10. big nipples 398 - Mary Louise Parker didn't want to do nude bathtub scene because these prominent body parts. 2010 is the breakout year for GoingLikeSixty. Stand by, you won't want to miss it.
- October’s Top Eight Most Read Posts Got Milk is the Dumbest, Most Ineffective Marketing Campaign Ever Apple Annouces the iTit Denny Crane As Oliver Douglas: Recasting Green Acres Mike Wazowski Needs Glasses On Japan Text-align: centaur Thirteen Things That Mark Me as an Old Man Shirley Jones Gets Nude, Florence Henderson Explains New TV Gadget
- 2013 Annual Report Is Ridiculously Fascinating Just for the record... This blog was viewed about 180,000 times in 2013. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 8 days for that many people to see it. Because I equate GoingLikeSixty.com with The Louvre. The busiest day of the year was March 18th with 8,375 views. The most popular post that day was 6 Bad-ass Pennys Belong in the Penny Hall of Fame. Readers came from 191 countries. I have over 1100 subscribers. Newly hosted by the lovely and talented Grandad at Curretech - highly recommended. Most visited posts during the year: 1. 6 Bad-ass Pennys Belong in the Penny Hall of Fame 2. Apple Annouces the iTit 3. Shirley Jones Gets Nude, Florence Henderson Explains New TV Gadget 4. Geeky Animated Gif Monday 5. Got Milk is the Dumbest, Most Ineffective Marketing Campaign Ever. I'll be here in 2014... Coming Soon: The highly anticipated post: What I Won't Be Famous For In 2014 And a salute to the WordPress blogs I set up this year... AtenasConstruction.com PinzgauerForSaleInCostaRica.com Solar506.com FarmForSaleInCostaRica.com CaroleJeansCostaRicaCapers.com ShootingCR.com AtenasMuebles.com KYBBQandBourbon.com (not launched yet)
- Famous Women and Their Odd Links Kellie Pickler Gets Pickled Terri Hatcher Scratching Her Butt Shirley Jones Nude Playgirl Joan Van Ark Bad Plastic Surgery Kristen Saint Tropez Sailing Eve Torres Kills on Stars Earn Stripes Katherine Heigel Eating a Hostess Cupcake (Vintage Collectible Image) Paula Creamer Creaming One
- Tom Brokaw is Going to Use 120 Minutes To Explain Boomer$.… Regular readers will know that I have a real problem with boomers being lumped together in one giant demographic and so-called experts proclaiming we all have similar traits and are homogenized. "TOM BROKAW REPORTS: BOOMER$!" WILL PREMIERE ON MARCH 4TH ON CNBC CNBC will premiere a 2 hour documentary, "TOM BROKAW REPORTS: BOOMER$!" on Thursday, March 4th at 9pm. In a two-hour documentary, Tom Brokaw tells the story of history’s wealthiest and most influential generation. From hula hoops to civil rights, in war and politics, Brokaw chronicles the extraordinary impact 78 million baby boomers have had on American society over the past six decades, and explores the challenges they face as they begin to approach the age of retirement. CNBC couldn't find a boomer to do the documentary? Brokaw is 70, well outside the boomer edge. But then again, all the real boomers have real jobs hosting the nightly news on real networks like NBC, CBS, ABC. They obviously are too important to mess around talking about the boomers. Pshaw, I say, Fie on you. A pox on your botox.. Boomers are hot because they represent an opportunity to sell books and junkets. The Seventh Annual What’s Next Business Boomer Summit is March 19, 2010 in Chicago. The most recent agenda is posted. They promise a "prominent list of presenters..." The COO of AARP. AARP: AARetired People. Boomers are 62 tops and pretty much have seen their retirement decimated by the crash. Unless they are retired military or UAW worker, the AARP is going to be irrelevant unless they change their deal to AAReally Pissed. The Sr. VP of iVillage. Tell me about iVillage. g'head. You can't because you don't know and don't care who or what iVillage does. Hint: it's connected to the same geniuses that hired Tom Brokenjaw for Boomer$. Chief economist of Zillow.com. He's going to tell junket-takers "boomer houses are worth less and therefore they will not move to Ft. Myers." CEO of Posit Science (www.positscience.com), the leader in delivering clinically-proven brain fitness software. This is the NBT (next big thing) for boomers, exercising your brain. Here's a clue: don't watch "The Bachelor", "Biggest Loser", "Extreme Makeover", any show with "Kardashian" in the title or credits. Vice President of Advertising Sales at Retirement Living TV (RLTV). Same deal as iVillage. Who the hell is Retirement Living TV? I spend more hours on the web than most boomers I know, and I have never heard, seen or read anything about Retirement Living TV. So I Googled it, the first story is "Atrial fibrillation" WTF? And of course the second is the 80 year old unofficial spokesperson for "all things retired" Florence Henderson (who does not appear nude - yet.) That was Shirley Jones who was almost nude - America keeps getting the two confused. To sell the junket to Chicago in March (ewwww) the promoters suggest: you need to be able to answer three questions: Specifically — who is this baby boomer/senior customer and what is their unmet need? Where can your customer be found Who or what touches your customer Naturally, I am here to serve and since I am one of the oldest boomers, I am totally qualified to answer the questions: Who is boomer? Born between 1946 and 1964. Where can your customers be found? In the United States and Canada. Who or what touches your customer? "Touch me and I'll kill ya." (Psycho aka Francis from "Stripes") There you go! Please send your money to ShitYourBoomerSays via paypal.com. I will give suitable documentation so you can be reimbursed. If you have extra expense account items, please list them and the amount you would be able to sneak by the approver. "Hookers" and "Hotel Porn" will both be listed as "Taxis and Tolls."