My List of Good/Bad Product Designs
Actually not good/bad but Below Expectations and Above Expectations. I’ll add to this list as needed.
If you have ideas, I’d love to hear your comments.
- Dodge Magnum cruise control. It’s right behind one of the spokes on the steering wheel so you can’t see it.
- Dodge clock controls. I needed to spring forward, and I’ll be damned if I can figure out how to do it. I pushed every control button and combination of buttons on the CD/Nav/Radio panel, I pushed every combination on the steering wheel controls and even looked for a tiny hole that many clocks have to reset the time. A reasonably intelligent person should not have to consult the owner’s manual to change the time. But I will. Eventually.
- Crest electric toothbrush. It’s almost impossible to turn on if the handle is wet. (duh, it’s a toothbrush so it will get wet.)
- Compact fluorescent bulbs. Not universally compatible with all fixtures because bulbs are too tall.
- 4 or 5 blade razors. Yeah it seemed dumb to me too, until I got a free sample. I tried it and love it. Went back to the double edge blades to see if there was much of a difference, and there was a significant difference.
I’ll add more as I encounter them. Meanwhile, feel free to pile on.