The Bloggers Irrestible Invitation.
I’ve been tagged. To a new blogger this is like the fat kid being picked to play on the jocks team.
Here’s the deal. Being tagged is a lot like getting a chain letter in the mail only with no good luck or money being promised if you forward it, nor bad luck or poverty if you don’t.
Today, Cheryl, the soon to be internationally famous author, tagged me. Being a good sport (to say nothing of the fact that I appreciate the link!), I’m going to join the game and tag someone else.
The first rule of the game is to post the rules of the game. Here they are:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people (I only chose four) to get tagged and list their names.
The hard part of this for me was winnowing the list down to eight facts. I have a lot of random facts about me. I’m just a random kinda guy.
Here goes (in no particular order – random)
- I like to bargain shop online. I shop a lot, but don’t buy much. My list of Woot items purchased is eleven as of today. I have Dealdump bookmarked. My latest purchase was a set of King size sheets for $12.99 with free shipping. Consequently, I have my credit card number memorized – including date of expiration and code on back of card.
- Unbaked Chocolate Cookie dough is one of my favorite foods. This was something I acquired from my wife. I had never had cookie dough until we were married and we still have it some Sunday evenings.
- I lie on online surveys where you can earn a reward. With some surveys, being an unmarried, female, hispanic with two young children, and an income of $35,000 is more rewarding.
- My parents didn’t have a dial telephone until I was in college in late 60’s. The phone company in our little town was owned by Carl and Wilma Englehart, Carl did the maintenance and Wilma was the operator. Our family had a private line, but some of my friends had party lines, where you had to know your ring so you didn’t accidentally (yeah right) hear somebody elses’ phone conversation.; For example: two long rings and one short was our neighbor’s ring. Our phone number was 45. Four. Five. Not fortyfive.
- Well done violent movies are among my favorites: Kill Bill, (watching it now on TNT – Uma Thurman has a crooked right big toe) Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers, Gangs of New York, etc. But I also like chick flicks: Sleepless in Seattle, Nine to Five, Working Girl, You’ve Got Mail.
- I have eclectic taste in music. I own Enya, Yanni, Elvis, Mulebone, Boston Pops, Choir of Vienna, Andrew Lloyd Webber and many many more. However, I tend not to buy more than one CD from the same artist now that I can download individual songs.
- I married the high school principal’s daughter.
- I still have all my body organs and parts.
King size sheets for 12 bucks. Wow! You’re an interesting guy.
You are too easily impressed.
You’re sure that’s “internationally” famous? I don’t want to get my hopes up unnecessarily!
I’m kind of a hermit blogger because my blog is just really for myself, because it is a good way to keep bookmarks with a lot of notes online and a few friends and they think I’m a whacko now because I blog. So am I supposed to send my post to people I tag, otherwise how will they know about this, because other than you and Rhea I don’t think any other bloggers read me and I seldom comment on other blogs. The last time I did, I got yelled at by some crabby old lady who told me I’m a moron because I don’t hate Bush. Hell, I don’t like him either but oh well.. But then, I am getting a lot more hits than I used to so maybe some of them are bloggers. Maybe I’ll just choose some bloggers I read but don’t know about me. Is that considered spamming?
Geez, you got me all confused, but thanks for the tag-I think ^__^
Uma Thurman was like a thousand times drop dead gorgeous when she was still younger.”,.