I’ve been tagged. To a new blogger this is like the fat kid being picked to play on the jocks team.
Here’s the deal. Being tagged is a lot like getting a chain letter in the mail only with no good luck or money being promised if you forward it, nor bad luck or poverty if you don’t.
Today, Cheryl, the soon to be internationally famous author, tagged me. Being a good sport (to say nothing of the fact that I appreciate the link!), I’m going to join the game and tag someone else.
The first rule of the game is to post the rules of the game. Here they are:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people (I only chose four) to get tagged and list their names.
The hard part of this for me was winnowing the list down to eight facts. I have a lot of random facts about me. I’m just a random kinda guy.
Here goes (in no particular order – random)
- I like to bargain shop online. I shop a lot, but don’t buy much. My list of Woot items purchased is eleven as of today. I have Dealdump bookmarked. My latest purchase was a set of King size sheets for $12.99 with free shipping. Consequently, I have my credit card number memorized – including date of expiration and code on back of card.
- Unbaked Chocolate Cookie dough is one of my favorite foods. This was something I acquired from my wife. I had never had cookie dough until we were married and we still have it some Sunday evenings.
- I lie on online surveys where you can earn a reward. With some surveys, being an unmarried, female, hispanic with two young children, and an income of $35,000 is more rewarding.
- My parents didn’t have a dial telephone until I was in college in late 60’s. The phone company in our little town was owned by Carl and Wilma Englehart, Carl did the maintenance and Wilma was the operator. Our family had a private line, but some of my friends had party lines, where you had to know your ring so you didn’t accidentally (yeah right) hear somebody elses’ phone conversation.; For example: two long rings and one short was our neighbor’s ring. Our phone number was 45. Four. Five. Not fortyfive.
- Well done violent movies are among my favorites: Kill Bill, (watching it now on TNT – Uma Thurman has a crooked right big toe) Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers, Gangs of New York, etc. But I also like chick flicks: Sleepless in Seattle, Nine to Five, Working Girl, You’ve Got Mail.
- I have eclectic taste in music. I own Enya, Yanni, Elvis, Mulebone, Boston Pops, Choir of Vienna, Andrew Lloyd Webber and many many more. However, I tend not to buy more than one CD from the same artist now that I can download individual songs.
- I married the high school principal’s daughter.
- I still have all my body organs and parts.