Friday Five – Things I Forget to do When I Post
- Catch errors – I try, I really do. I use spell check. But I read what I meant, instead of what is there. Invariably I will see a typo immediately after publishing the post. Thank goodness for the “edit” feature.
- Save and Continue Editing vs. Publish – When I have an idea, I jot it in the post area. If I would “save and continuing editing” WordPress will save the post as a draft. Too often I wham the publish button, and my notes show up in my RSS reader sometime later.
- Adding Plugins – I changed to WordPress.org because I have seen some neat plugins that WordPress.com wouldn’t support. So far, I have failed to install Feedburner Feedsmith and Related Posts.
- Get the time right – I know it’s military time, so I can tell what time it is now. But it slows me down when I want to figure out what time it will be at 10 a.m. tomorrow so I can pre-publish a post.
- Categorize – again thank goodness for the edit button. When I am fixing my typos, I can categorize too.
After I pre-published this, I previewed it. I’ll be damned if I didn’t find a typo. I read this post six times. I’m clairvoyant – I see things that aren’t there. If you want a real writer go here. If you want a word worker go here. If you want plugin advice try here.
If you want an attytood stay here.
You can most definitely enter the contest but posts have to be up by midnight tonight – West Coast time. Instructions were in the post below the one you left a comment on.
Good luck if you decide to play!
Hi, the post I linked to is my entry. About half way through I entered.