Numerologists (as opposed to numismatists or pneumotherapists) have discovered a esoteric, nay, (neigh?) erotic relationship between numbers and life.
BTW: longest word I know and can spell?
Anyway, numbers are especially important when writing a blog. For example, I did a Google ™ (I’ll be working for them someday thus avoidance of using the bastardized verb “googled” p-tooey, I spit on the term.) search on the phrase “numbered lists in blogs”
I got one hit. Well damn, I’m going to write this anyway.
Here are numbers you should not use in your blog headline.
- 0 – is that a zero or the 15th letter of the alphabet (did you just count on your fingers?)
- 69 – obviously a list like this has not been compiled before because that number is all over the place. There are about 238,000,000 pages with that number.
- 666 – I love deviled eggs, don’t you?
- 100,000,000,000,000 – too many zeros, just say bazillion.
- 812 – used a lot with 69
- 77 – 69, but 8 too many
- 11 – is that the number after ten or double L which makes vanilla pronounced van-ay-a?
Numbers bigger than six digits that have I memorized:
- my social security,
- my wife’s social security,
- my credit card,
- family phone,
- house number,
- family birthdays
- godaddy.com account number (yeah that’s weird!)
How about you? any others?