Top 10 Movie One Liners
What is wrong with you New Englanders? How could you choose these to be the Top 10 List (alphabetically) of movie one liners?
1. Are you talkin’ to ME? – Taxi Driver
2. Go ahead. Make my day. – Dirty Harry
3. Here’s lookin’ at you, kid. – Casablanca
4. I’ll be back. – The Terminator
5. I’ll have what she’s having. – When Harry Met Sally
6. Life is like a box of chocolates… – Forrest Gump
7. May the force be with you. – Star Wars
8. You can’t handle the truth! – A Few Good Men
9. You had me at hello. – Jerry McGuire
10. You’re gonna need a bigger boat! – Jaws
OK, I guess if a regional ice cream Brigham’s runs a contest, it will have limited entries, but c’mon!
I didn’t see a list of the other nominees, but they had to include:
- Stella! – Streetcar Named Desire (I have NOLA on my mind)
- Leave the gun, take the Canolis – Godfather, (how can two great movies and one mediocre not have ANY lines in the top 10?)
- Made him an offer he can’t refuse – see above
- Say hello to my lil fren – Scarface
- Show me the money – Jerry McGuire
- Luke, I am your father. – Star Wars
- Snakes, why did it have to be snakes – Indiana Jones
What other lines didn’t make the contest that you would add?
Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. (Gone With the Wind)
Oh, Of course! How could THAT be left off?
Actually that was my comment about the post. 🙂
My favorite GWTW quote is from Prissy: I don’t know nothin’ ’bout birthin’ no babies!
hehehe – Verrrrrrrry funny 🙁
I agree about the GWTW quote. Also, “I’ll think about it tomorrow.”
I also like another Casablanca line, “This is the start of a beautiful friendship.”
Figured Jaws would be big in New England- it was set on Martha’s Vineyard after all!
Mauigirl…also wrote this…A Couple of Quizzes for a Friday
@Mauigirl: good point, maybe they still resent the damage done to tourism! Casablanca line is an excellent one…