What is wrong with you New Englanders? How could you choose these to be the Top 10 List (alphabetically) of movie one liners?
1. Are you talkin’ to ME? – Taxi Driver
2. Go ahead. Make my day. – Dirty Harry
3. Here’s lookin’ at you, kid. – Casablanca
4. I’ll be back. – The Terminator
5. I’ll have what she’s having. – When Harry Met Sally
6. Life is like a box of chocolates… – Forrest Gump
7. May the force be with you. – Star Wars
8. You can’t handle the truth! – A Few Good Men
9. You had me at hello. – Jerry McGuire
10. You’re gonna need a bigger boat! – Jaws
OK, I guess if a regional ice cream Brigham’s runs a contest, it will have limited entries, but c’mon!
I didn’t see a list of the other nominees, but they had to include:
- Stella! – Streetcar Named Desire (I have NOLA on my mind)
- Leave the gun, take the Canolis – Godfather, (how can two great movies and one mediocre not have ANY lines in the top 10?)
- Made him an offer he can’t refuse – see above
- Say hello to my lil fren – Scarface
- Show me the money – Jerry McGuire
- Luke, I am your father. – Star Wars
- Snakes, why did it have to be snakes – Indiana Jones
What other lines didn’t make the contest that you would add?