Millions and Millions of dollars are spent to convince us to use more prescription drugs.
Research was released that indicated that these big pharma commercials were the most recalled during the 2006 -07
Here are short descriptions of the commercials. Can you name the product or drug company?
- 1 and 2 moth flies over bridge and water and into people’s homes/tents.
- 3 clothes falls on woman and she sneezes.
- 4 bee talks about prevention of nasal allergy symptoms
- 5 Abraham Lincoln, talking beaver, man in suit and man in diving suit at a bus stop
- 6 (ties) Dr. Robert Jarvik in white lab coat discusses risk of heart disease and stroke caused by high cholesterol.
- Man at fish market near ocean whose cholesterol is out of wack; his body splits into various sections.
- Plates of food shown next to shots of relatives such as Grandpa Bow and bowtie pasta.
- 7 (tie) Couple talks about the risks of contracting herpes; 70% of people affected got it from their partner.
- Couples in various romantic places including laying in front of fireplace, in restaurant, in rowboat and laying on hammock.
- 8 (tie) Young women including a cowgirl, colorguard, gymnast and softball player say they want to be “One Less”
- Woman in red vest walks along a beach; splits into two and says she has high blood pressure & cholesterol.
Whaddya think? Was the money well spent? Did you recall these companies and their commercials? How about the ones that applied to you or that maybe applied to you? Did you do better with those?