The fun things about visiting SIL and daughter is SIL is a total audio/video freak. He works as a chief photographer for a TV station (means he’s the honcho, not that he photographs Seminoles.) So he knows his stuff and loves have the latest and greatest in home audio-video.
For the other freaks out there heres the deal:
- Six Hi-def televisions ranging in size for 19 to 60 inches. (He gave away his five analog to trash pickers.)
- Network Attached Storage – with a terrabyte (about ten times whats on your home computer)
- Three satellite recievers in the same area with one feed into home.
- Personal Video Recorder: 250 gig internal with 500 external on network.
- Web access on 60 inch Hi Def TV
- Wireless everything
- Audio in any room in the house
- Music synthesizer.
- Hi Def TV feed available in every room.
- Media Center computer controls everything
- One – really ONE- remote controls it all
- And the standard hundreds of TV channels
He installed it all himself of course and is always tinkering to have the latest and greatest.
All I know is it’s really cool and if lived here, I would only leave my recliner to get more beer, more M&M’s, empty my truckers friend, release the chocolate hostages.
It is just so awesome, if you see a web address on TV that strikes your fancy, like RedBullAirShow.com, you can put picture in picture and surf to the site.
It’s just fun.
He needs at least four more screens in his living room, because with four adults, we all want to watch something different.
The next thing coming is the Slingbox which will be installed at his sister’s home in Chicago so SIL can watch Chicago television.