I think in the coming week, I will work these into my conversations.
- sans, ie: without. I went to work sans underwear. However, I am not allowed to use the terms sans-serif or Comic Sans.
- zeitgeist, ie: thought representing this period of history. Disallowed: Google Zeitgeist
- voila, ie: ta-da. I love that in Paris they actually use this in everyday life. However, it may be like “there-you-go” in the U.S. which I really hate.
- bon-vivant, ie: a person who doesn’t drink wine through a straw and never double dips the chips.
- sic transit gloria mundi, ie: there goes a washed up old fart.
THE UNKNOWN MEME: Use any of these terms in a post, in a logical context, but don’t mention in the post that it is a meme. Link back here please so I can see your creativity. 🙂