It’s pretty good marketing that at 3:00 p.m. I get an email from Domino’s touting a pizza special.
But, c’mon Stupid Domino’s Marketing Department: BFD means Big F***in’ Deal, not Big Fantastic Deal, and you know it! WTF? What the Fudge?
You’re just trying to be cool. Talkin’ like the cool kids and all that.
Except three things can go wrong:
- When you use slang wrong, you really look stupid.
- You think we are stupid and don’t know what BFD means which makes you look really stupid.
- You know we will “get” it and know what you really did meant , and you will look really profane (and stupid.)
It just baffles me how this kind of promotion ever makes it past the “hey! how about this?” stage. Everybody has a good laugh, then get serious.
Here are some other ideas that Domino’s is considering:
- JEW: Just Enjoy Winter
- COON: Check Out Our Nibbles
- FAG: First And Goal
- SPIC: Special Pizza Is Coming
- WOP: World Of Pepperoni
Maybe I should layoff the cough syrup and Crown Royal.