I Never Dreamed I Would Be Memed
Thanks to Grandma Henke, I get to share with you
“blog about five things in my life that I never dreamed, when I was 25, would be in my life now”.
I think a revealing part of her post was that she tagged sister who doesn’t have a blog! I guess she has to write it out longhand and send it to five friends?
This is a tough one for me. I can’t remember what I did yesterday, let alone what I thought when I was 25 years old.
I’m going to avoid the whole technology deal, because nobody would have figured the internets would come along. Here goes – things I never dreamed would be in my life:
- Four dogs. I have always been a dog lover. We have always owned dogs, even when I was growing up and while our kids were growing up, and even after they left. But how did I end up with four?
- A hemi. Hemi’s are a powerful engine and usually only put in great big Chryslers or muscle cars. Mine is in a Dodge Magnum station wagon. It’s cool.
- Kentuckians. Kentucky was a pass through state on the way to Florida. Southern Kentucky is a real garden spot. I love it here.
- Oh, of course! African-american and woman having a shot at presidency. How cool is that really! In one generation, actually less than that. This is a monumental shift.
- So far away from retirement. Sixty-five was pretty usual back in the day. That’s not even close in my case.
I haven’t heard from Micki in ages.
I think Angela and Hope have croaked.
I knew you’d come through! I didn’t know you weren’t retired … How in the world do you keep up on your blog so well if you aren’t retired?
When I was 25 I never would have thought I’d be at the same work place for 11 years.
@Edna: evening writing, advance publishing. I have no life!
@nessa: Uh-oh – jinx! Have you ever changed jobs/careers?
I NEVER, EVER in my wildest dreams thought I would ever live in the South but it has turned out to be the area that gave the biggest boost to my career!
I never thought I would figure out how to use a computer or effectively use the internet but I did and found a husband that way.
Now may I shamelessly promote my upcoming talk show: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/whateverlive TODAY at Noon EST.
@Beverly: as long as you leave a good comment, you may plug anything.
Wanna buy an ad? 😉
I never thought I would have four kids, or that I would live in California. In college at the University of Delaware everyone used to say “Oh, after I graduate I want to go to California for a while, man,” and I was like “Not me, I fucking hate California.” So what happened? None of them ever went to California, and I’m stuck here.
@Gretchen: Gawd woman, your mood swings are driving me batty. Love California/stuck here? Hee. But this will be fun: you will look back on your blog posts and laff!
Not mood swings at all; I have a total, well-documented love/hate relationship with California. First time I came to visit in 1984, I called home after the first day and said “Great place to visit. Would never want to live here.” I would miss it if I left, but how can I miss it when it won’t go away?
@Gretchen: That makes perfect sense.
Wish to spice up the life of your blog? I notice that meme’s will be a good way to do this. They’re entertaining to peek at and they are also fun to create. I located an incredibly great page which provides a bunch of info and many free resources for making memes for your blog. There’s even some free software there too. I provided the URL so go try it out.