Thanks to Grandma Henke, I get to share with you
“blog about five things in my life that I never dreamed, when I was 25, would be in my life now”.
I think a revealing part of her post was that she tagged sister who doesn’t have a blog! I guess she has to write it out longhand and send it to five friends?
This is a tough one for me. I can’t remember what I did yesterday, let alone what I thought when I was 25 years old.
I’m going to avoid the whole technology deal, because nobody would have figured the internets would come along. Here goes – things I never dreamed would be in my life:
- Four dogs. I have always been a dog lover. We have always owned dogs, even when I was growing up and while our kids were growing up, and even after they left. But how did I end up with four?
- A hemi. Hemi’s are a powerful engine and usually only put in great big Chryslers or muscle cars. Mine is in a Dodge Magnum station wagon. It’s cool.
- Kentuckians. Kentucky was a pass through state on the way to Florida. Southern Kentucky is a real garden spot. I love it here.
- Oh, of course! African-american and woman having a shot at presidency. How cool is that really! In one generation, actually less than that. This is a monumental shift.
- So far away from retirement. Sixty-five was pretty usual back in the day. That’s not even close in my case.