We’re thinking of taking a vacation to Belize. We love Mayan ruins. Heat and humidity doesn’t bother us. I like relatively short flights – and this would be in the same time zone.
We bought the Frommer book. (BTW: those people who predict the death of words on paper are nuts when it comes to books. Even with all the great travel sites, there is nothing like being able to flip back and forth, highlight things, toss the book to each other with a “check this out.”)
So what do you know about Belize?
We’ll probably fly from New Orleans or Miami into Belize City. We think we have it narrowed down to Corozal (northern border) or Placencia (southern border.)
- Is there a way to get from Belize City to north or south without flying?
- I guess the planes are props? Hate props. Can we get there by bus? rental car?
- If you have a recommendation on a place to stay, that would be great too. $200 a night OK.
- How about flying into Cancun and driving to Corozal?
- We know this is the off season, but how “off” is it? If “off” means a quick thunderstorm everyday, thats about what we have here now. If “off” means it rains all day, that will change things.
Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.