Obama and McCain and Biden Withdraw from Race. Leave It Up To the Babe.
The economic meltdown of the national banking system is well underway and at every turn, we are being reassured that everything will be OK.
If this one single fact doesn’t scare the hell out of you, what is wrong with your noodle? This doesn’t make me feel better:
- The same bankers that were in charge two years ago when this started are still in charge.
- The same Congress that was in charge two years ago when this started are still in charge.
- The same President that was in charge two years ago when this started is still in charge.
- The same Secretary of the Treasury that was in charge two years ago is still in charge.
These people were going to buy up the crap some big banks don’t understand, economists don’t understand, and brokers don’t understand. Then they were going to re-package the whole deal and sell it to… who? Who in their right mind would buy this crap investments? I know who needs to be selling it, Billy Mays!
Dude can sell anything to anybody.
Now the assholes in Congress are bickering and have voted against the plan everyone said HAD to pass today.
Here’s what’s different – and this means worse.
As of today, the national debt is $9,889,199,531,449.08, add in unfunded social security, medicare and medicaid and the debt is $59 Trillion.
- The Chinese are holding most of our debt. They don’t like us.
- Russian holds a lot of our debt. They don’t like us.
- Oil Exporters hold the next largest chunk of our debt. They don’t like us.
- The dollar is weak against the Euro and other currencies. This means we pay more for stuff here, and we can’t export as much because it costs more there. It means that foreign manufacturers will locate here. Is it still “Made in U.S.A.” if the profits go overseas?
- Gas has tripled in price, but our consumption has remained the same. We are not willing to sacrifice to save ourselves. Georgia (the U.S. one) governor asked people not to drive to a college football game. They lit the guy’s hair on fire!
So Obama, McCain and Biden will probably withdraw and let Sarah Palin woo the white haired guys on the hill. Did you hear her with Couric – she had all the sound bites – and like SNL said, she looks adorable.
If she took Hillary as a running mate, they could get it done. Either one could de-nut congress. Sarah Palin with a Moose-gutting knife, Hillary with a withering look.
Me? I’m just looking for a place to run and hide. Southern Canada or Northern Mexico or Costa Rico are looking pretty good.
I’ve been wondering recently why all the countries that don’t like America are still lending her money. Answer, I guess, is why not? While they are busy lending money, they can invest the income they make in buying up the country. It’s win-win.
@Glenn Palmer: I think its more a case of us buying oil and goods from them on credit. Which I guess is the same as borrowing – except they get the employment. The money-changers don’t create jobs, they just shuffle money.