All over America, when men woke up this morning and heard the news, they could not wait to meet their buddies and make wiseacre jokes about Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper. No, her name isn’t the joke. She is an astronaut.
While working on the panel, Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper let go of her tool bag, as a grease gun that was inside exploded.
With space being, well, space, the bag floated leaving Stefanyshyn-Piper helpless to anything, except mutter, “Oh, great.”
The kind of words you would expect to hear from a fourteen year old astronaut…
Yeah, exactly the words I use when I can’t find a tool I just had in my hand while sitting in the recliner trying to put together an armoire with out having to stand up.
Losing a tool bag in weightless space shouldn’t be too embarrassing. After all, imagine setting something down and have it float up. I have a hard enough time looking UNDER things, let alone scanning the UNIVERSE.
The grease gun exploded while she was trying to use it, spraying gray grease all over her and other heavenly bodies.
The worst part for her was having to borrow tools from the other astronaut to finish the job of fixing the solar panel. Consequently they were both outside for an extra six hours, when they could have been inside using the new kitchen installed for them, or lounging on the new toilet reading the book “Space Repair for Dummies.”