Today I am starting down the path to crossing another milestone in my life. Is that mixing metaphors? meh.
By sometime next Tuesday I will be fully involved with a full blown media center:
- Big Ass TeeVee (BATV) – 52 inch Sony with high definition
- Dell computer with sooper-dooper video card dedicated to serving the BATV.
- Surround sound
- Infrared Repeater so my wireless keyboard, mouse and remote can shoot a signal around the corner
- DirectTV (changing from Dish Network because they are groks and I got a sweet deal from DirectTV)
- Cable – not new but configged differently to serve BATV
- Tivo – not new (see above)
St. Todd deCubville is doing the installation.
It all starts tomorrow and I will be sneaking away to Twitter our progress @goinglikesixty. I am the designated beer hauler, that will give me enough time to tweet his activity and keep a beer count.
I think I have the blog set up to compile my tweets and make a post. OTOH, the whole thing could blow up like a Rodenator and bring down the entire neighborhood.
- mow the yard (it’s nineteen inches high and can’t wait until next week)
- get my haircut (it’s nineteen inches long and Nancy is driving me nuts)
- get Miller Lite Beer in bottles
- get ice
- go to airport to pick up St. Todd deCubville and Amy
I hope this isn’t the end of a fine blog.
I do appreciate you readers so much.
But when I sit my Big Ass down in front of that Big Ass TeeVee and see Rachel Ray in HiDef, that may be nirvana.