Sunday Stealing: The 29’er Meme
1. What bill do you hate paying the most? I don’t pay the bills at our house, but paying for any insurances. Pay something and hope you never have to use it. What a racket.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? Taos.
3. How many colleges did you attend? One, and it was called a college when I went there and now it’s called a university.
4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? First tee shirt I saw.
5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? I never use an alarm unless I need to get up without fail. Then I usually don’t sleep well the night before because I’m afraid the alarm won’t go off. I normally wake up to Nancy tapping on my heinie anyplace from 5:30 to 6:15 – which is our signal. (Our signal that I need to turn on the television news.)
6. Last thought before going to sleep last night? Craig Ferguson is nuts!
7. What do you miss being a child? Nope. Not one little bit.
8. What errand/chore do you despise? Yard work. It’s like paying insurance, pay a bunch of money on fertilizer and then mow, mow, mow all summer.
9. Have you found real love yet? Yes.
10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? The only reason we go to Wal-mart is to get “dog-water.” We only give our dogs distilled water and they always have it 20 cents less than other stores. Since we buy 10 gallons at a time, we save a whole $2. Woo-hoo. That never makes sense to me, but I don’t argue.
11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? Yeah, the words and ceremony have been proven to be pretty useless to keep marriages together. But the legal part is important. For most people the party is the biggest and most expensive they will ever attend.
12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? To difficult to pin down to one. I have no answer.
13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? No.
14. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go? Napa Valley.
15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? Career? sure, why not? If I could start at the same or higher salary. Relationship? Nope.
16. Do you have a “go to” person? To vague to answer.
17. Are you where you want to be in life? I just read today that Boomers will live to 95 years old. That means I’m only 2/3 of the way. I don’t feel like being philosophical, so that’s a non answer.
18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most? Weight. I now weigh almost twice as much as when we were married.
19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life? NO. And anybody that says yes is nuts. How can they be? Unless you were convicted of a felony at ag 18 and sent to prison for life, then high school was probably pretty cool.
20. Are there times you still feel like a kid? Never.
21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager? The Alamo. (the ‘Mo)
22. Who do you think impacted your life the most? Nancy (my wife)
23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you? No.
24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”? More and more.
25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult? Kid having multiple brain surgeries.
26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married? Never listen to marriage advice.
27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job? Push yourself, your coworkers (cow orkers) and your boss.
28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be? Oh for gawd’s sake. I hate this meme.
29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be? I wouldn’t have started this.
This wasn’t fun.