Here’s a great midweek, it’s-gonna-thunderstorm, but-I-got-the-yard-mowed-and-now-I’m-starved dinner.
Six Johnsonville Beer Brats and a handful of Bourbon and a nifty Johnsonville Sausage apron.
Oh, what? You don’t have a Johnsonville Sausage apron do you. OK, it will still work, but you will have to be very neat. (Loser.)
Matt Rivera, my new best friend who does PR for Johnsonville Sausage, sent me the spiffy (codger talk for “totes”) apron. You know about my other blog, right? BBQandBourbon.com? I wrote something nice about brand X beer brats, and Matt found out and bribed me sent me this nice apron.
I bought the Johnsonville Brats.
Just in case you go looking for them at your local grocery store, here’s what the package looks like.
- Start with a glass of your favorite bourbon. Consume.
- Fire up your gas or charcoal grill.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-low heat. (If charcoal, allow it to burn until white ash has formed on the coals.)
- Pour another glass of bourbon. Consume.
- Place links on grill 7-9 inches above heat source. Use tongs to turn links often, every 4-6 minutes. (Closing the grill lid while cooking helps minimize flare-ups.)
- Consume bourbon until everything looks a nice golden brown. About the same color as your bourbon.
Put on plate, pour another glass of bourbon and consume.
Now if the thunderstorm isn’t looming and your local weather radio isn’t advising you to take cover immediately, and you want to serve some friends, here is another great recipe from Johnsonville Sausage:
- One 11 x 9 x 2 3/8 inch aluminum foil baking pan
- 2 – 3 beers
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced
Johnsonville® Brat Hot Tub Directions
Put a foil pan right on the grill, careful not to singe your knuckle hair, pour in the beers and add the butter and onions. Then grill your Johnsonville Brats to a juicy, golden-brown perfection. Serve immediately to your hungry guests and place any remaining brats into the steaming hot tub. When folks are ready for seconds or thirds–or when stragglers show up late – grab a Johnsonville Brat out of the hot tub and enjoy!
And keep the Bourbon for yourself.