No, check that, there is no “perfect” day to mow. I hate mowing, it’s so useless. Where are the Treehuggers when we need them. Let’s all plant prairie grass and let it go natural.
But the lawn police don’t like grass to be longer than 18 inches, so I am required to mow.
One mower is in the shop and the back-up refused to start.
Tra-la, tra-la. “Well I tried!” I said to Nancy as I toted the laptop and cigar (Oliveros 1927 Torpedo) outside.
And Derby has decided that he will join me by climbing up on the patio table and snooze.
Today we ripped this meme off a blogger called Yellow Jacket from Foma. He explains that “I found this clunker on Impetua’s blog.”. But, it was probably stolen at that blog as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Sunday Stealing: One Long Meme (Part One)
1. The phone rings. Who will it to be? Amy
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? No, it deprives someone of a job outside, but Nancy is anal about it.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? I listen. Especially if everybody else is a little tipsy. Now that’s entertainment
4. Do you take compliments well? Yes.
5. Do you play Sudoku? Tried and failed.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? Oh gawd no. I could live off my fat, that’s not the problem, but I would hate to be cold – or wet – or cold and wet.
7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Once to an official camp. Did a lot of unofficial camping with neighborhood kids. Usually sleeping bags tossed in the wagon behind a tractor and off to some local woods, where we would burn anything, smoke cigarettes, and tell lies. Almost a “Stand By Me” experience except for the “sic balls” and dead body part.
8. What was your favorite game as a kid? Throwing walnuts at passing semi-trucks.
9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew she was married, would you? Laffable on it’s face, and no.
10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? Yes.
11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? I forget.
12. Use three words to describe yourself? Going Like Sixty.
13. Do any songs make you cry? Oh boy, OK, checking ego at door. I do tear up sometimes.
14. Are you continuing your education? Yes, I read blogs.
15. Do you know how to shoot a gun? Yes, pull the trigger right?
16. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? Yep, but not in ages. Do they still have these booths? Probably costs $5 now?
17. How often do you read books? Only when they are free review copies. I promise to read the first 100 pages and if I don’t like it I quit. I always tell the publicist “If I can’t say anything nice, I won’t say anything.”
Someday I will be quoted in a ad: “Boffo,” says Going Like Sixty.
18. Do you think more about the past, present or future? About the same.
19. What is your favorite children’s book? Little Black Sambo.
20.What color are your eyes? Blue
Poker tourney on break now… I’m 123 out of 569 players.
21. How tall are you? 6’1″
22. Where is your dream house located? Sedona, with view of red rocks and rushing river.
23. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? My ass and hustled out of there. If anybody says “my pictures” they just don’t have an imagination.
24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? OMG, so miss Olive Garden. It closed in our town and a freakin’ Smokey Bones BBQ took it’s place! They keep promising to come back, but haven’t yet. It’s been a couple years.
25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? 3 miles to Roman’s Small Engine Repair.
26. Do you like mustard? Yum, both yellow and brown.
I’m such a multi-tasker! Finished part one, and improved to 72nd place. w00t!