Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Stacy at the blog All Stacy, All the Time. She states that she stole it at Lola’s blog Lola’s Diner. Lola wrote this herself! We had searched for a holiday meme, but only found two that had already been played by a zillion players. We were thrilled to find not only an original meme, but one much better than the other two. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Good luck with this one… I was having severe brain fade (CRS). So you can play along and read my mind. Don’t worry, there’s not much left.
1. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show? Oh, tough one. To have on as background while I’m messing around the Christmas tree? A Christmas Story. To sit and watch all the way through? The other one with Jimmy Stewart
2. What holiday character do you think you’re most like? Flasher
3. What holiday character does your spouse think you’re most like? Dinky
4. Favorite Christmas/holiday song? Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee (or somebody of that era, may not have been her, but that’s close.)
5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song? Dogs singing.
6. If you have an all holiday music radio station when do you start listening to it? No. Never. Gaaaaaaaa, I would commit Merry-kari first.
7. If you have an all holiday music radio station do you love it or hate it? I would hate it.
8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas present? Whale yes. Nancy demands it. It’s part of the deal. I have to go to a store and actually stand in line and buy something and bring it home and wrap it while she is away. (Note: I just re-read the question… and no, never wrapped myself. )
9. Who is Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer’s father? That fat old curmudgeon comic-actor guy that drank a lot.
10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people’s holiday decorations? Nope, hardly worth the effort anymore.
11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, ‘oh that’s lovely’? Or do you think, ‘oh criminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn’? Yes. I do not like the blow up decorations. Too easy and too polished. Christmas decorations should require frozen toes and bruises.
12. Are you counting the days to Christmas with excited anticipation or dread? Neither. It will come and go.
13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap? I can’t remember and I’m not sure.
14. Do you make a Christmas list for your spouse or significant other or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you? Whoa. This is touchy. It used to be that we relied totally on surprise or hints. Then we started buying whatever we wanted, when we wanted it, and when Christmas rolled around there was a lot of shrugging. Now, we’re back to leaving hints, but not subtle. Our brain fade makes that a bad plan.
15. When do you put up your tree? Nancy.
16. Real or fake? Fake
17. When do you take your tree down? When Nancy gets in the mood, usually New Year’s weekend.
18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for? Yes, usually just looking for super -dooper bargains. Nancy stocks up on wrapping paper and stuff like that.
19. Is your work/office having a holiday party this year? Will you attend? No party for second year to send more to stockholders. We always attended if in town, because it was “required” of me.
20. Do you have your New Year’s Eve Plans set yet? I’ll have to check with Nancy.
Yesterday was one of those days (I wrote the meme and set it to publish at midnight + 5 minutes) It didn’t publish and then wouldn’t publish. After I copy and pasted and published it, I went to Sunday Stealing to add myself to the list, but added it to the wrong meme.