Behind the Scenes at GoingLikeSixty.com. Fascinating, Simply Fascinating.
Sunday Stealing ripped off a blogger known as Little Bark from the blog The Tree Unleashed She explains that she found it over at The Tree of Life. It appears it originated on that blog. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Pretentious Blogging Meme
1. How long have you been blogging? Closing in on three years, first post was in March 2007. It wasn’t much, but it was a start.
2. What made you start? Curiosity about this new way to publish.
3. Who inspired you? Chris, and he encouraged me to be patient until I found my voice.
4. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog? Fifteen minutes a post on average, so maybe and hour a week.
5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing? I’ve been around writers all my life, but never did any writing based on my personal thoughts or experiences.
6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas? I have 371 RSS feeds. Plus television and NPR and newspapers and emails and life.
7. What or who inspires you and your blog? Stuff around me.
8. Where and/or how do your brainstorming for your blog? I don’t feel the need to brainstorm because I only write when I have something to say.
10. Is there anything you will not blog about? Yes, the blog just is a sliver of my life experiences.
11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic? Does anybody who is writing for fun? If there is a schedule, how fun can that be?
12. Do you make any money from your blog? (optional) about how much a month? Mostly from AdSense? Yes, $60-$80 all from AdSense.
13. What blogging system do you use? WordPress. I started on Blogger, but Chris (see #3) said WordPress was more robust. He was right.
14. How did you come up your blog name? This was what got me going on blogging. I messed around with some other general topics but since I was approaching 60 and everybody loves Boomers, I thought it was a good name. After the blog was established – ie I had a lot of posts, I realized the name was not search engine friendly (had a lot of Miss Sixty ads!)
15. How many blogs do you have? What was your peak? Three now, this one, BBQandBourbon.com, and RobinMeadeBlog.com (fanboy and ad farm.) At peak:
- BickeringBoomers.com – with Nancy, but we quit because the bickering sometimes elevated because of the posts.
- DogsWithCones.com – photo blog started on a whim with St. Todd deCubville, eventually sold it for $11.
- AsianWomenHoldingThings.com – a harmless photo blog of gadgets and the Asian women who held them. Sold for $23.
16. Do you have undeveloped blog domain names? Care to share them? Yes, SaleEndsSunday.com and my real name dot com.
17. Do you have any blog domain names that redirect to your main blog?
18. Are you having as much fun as when you started? Yes, but I get frustrated that a huge number of former loyal bloggers and readers have stopped or gone to Facebook.
19. Where do you find other bloggers like you? I search hard for other male boomer bloggers, but they are hard to find. I really enjoy reading woman blogs, but there’s all this “stuff” they write about… not that it’s not interesting reading, just that I have nothing to add to the discussion!
20. What’s your one wish when it comes to blogging? (a) Easy, see above, that I could find a dozen or so guys 45-65 that aren’t writing about tech or politics. (b) that Facebook is a fad and people return to writing more than just a paragraph three times a day.
luv item#3. now u really found ur voice;)
.-= abby @ both sides now´s last blog pithsunday stealing: the pretentious blogging meme =-.
#10…..I like that answer. I don’t think anyone would post all their life’s experiences would they? Heck you wouldn’t be able to sleep.
Mine’s finished and posted now if you’d like read my answers. Just come on over by clicking HERE
Hope your weekend so far, has been great.
Judd & I both liked your additions. We actual missed a few from the meme we stole, too. So hopefully, we will remember to use your questions next week! Thanks…
Wow- that’s a lot of RSS 🙂
Have a great week.
Join us for Monday Mayhem!
@Abby & @Hootin Anni: thanks for stopping by!
@Bud: Cool, if not next week, maybe later.
.-= GoingLikeSixty´s last blog pithBehind the Scenes at GoingLikeSixty.com. Fascinating, Simply Fascinating. =-.
I just stole this meme from the great and powerful boomer blogger, so I don’t need to do Sunday Stealing next week.
.-= Catch Her in the Wry´s last blog pithSunday Stealing from GLS because his is better =-.