Fifteen Republicans who took the oath of office as a member of the House of Representatives in 1994 found that life in D.C. was pretty easy.
Easy enough that they could fool around and run fast and loose with the accepted rules of behavior for married people.
This was a landslide election for the Republicans… and we can all be so proud of these men and women who were guiding our country and making important decisions on our behalf:
- Mark Souder (Ind.)- screwing his part-time aide
- Mark Foley – sent dirty text messages to House pages
- Mark Sanford -hiking the Appalachian Trail with his Argentine honey
- John Ensign – convinced Mom and Dad to pay for his whore to the tune of $96,000
- Bob Ney – did prison time for his role in the Jack Abramoff scandal.
- Reps. Jim Bunn (Ore.) – divorce
- James Longley (Maine) – divorce
- Jon Christensen (Neb.) – divorce
- Enid Greene (Utah) filed for divorce and her husband, Joe Waldholtz, disappeared after being accused of embezzlement.
- Joe Scarborough (Fla.)- divorce
- Steve LaTourette (Ohio) – divorced in 2004, and he married his former chief-of-staff (an appropriate title if there every was one) who had become a lobbyist.
- Helen Chenoweth (Idaho) – divorce, after a longtime affair with a married man.
- Rep. David Funderburk (N.C.) – said his wife was driving during a car wreck before he finally admitted he was piloting the car.