Why Kayaking is Better Than Golfing
I kayaked Saturday and golfed today and have developed the list of why kayaking is better than golfing:
- You’re supposed to be in the water when kayaking
- Nobody cares how many strokes you have when kayaking
- You don’t need balls to kayak
- Girls kayak in bikini’s
- No tee times
- If you get behind a slow group of kayakers you can just paddle around them
- Much easier to cool down when kayaking
- Floating down a river is free
- There is no plaid on the river
- Golfers destroy their environment by taking divots and leaving ball marks
- You can take a shit anyplace when kayaking
- You can buy inflatable kayaks – inflatable golf clubs don’t do well
- Sand is much more enjoyable when kayaking
- You can kayak AND fish
- A drunk Scotsman invented golf; a hunter invented the kayak
Caution NSFW language…
I hadn’t seen the Robin Williams routine. Thanks for the laughs.
Apparently one can pee anyplace on the golf course, because I have seen that with my own eyes.
@Catch Her in The Wry: Yes, peeing anyplace on golf course is possible, that’s why I made the distinction.
How about the fact you can drink when you golf? Can you do that in a kayak? is there room for a cooler?
There is ALWAYS room for a cooler – we have a designated canoe for those essentials. However, the river police frown on kayaking under the influence. Check out our latest adventure: http://www.paddleadventuresplus.com/photos/975211/
I would really go for kayaking as its so much fun that i can’t describe. I am really planning for it and these summer vacations will suit me a lot. But you have to choose the kayak and to do that you must know that this is going to lead you towards adventure as well as fun.