Saturday: Kegerator, Chicken Breasts With Cherry Kool-aid and Banana Tree Trimming
A rather eclectic Saturday.
First SIL got his birthday present from us working in fine order. It’s a Kegerator! He’s a Miller Lite fan normally, but for some reason his inaugural use of the Kegerator was loaded with Heiney. His day seems to have come to an unfortunate end…
Second, I spent part of the day on the river and learned from bank fisher-people that the best bait for catching large (30+ lb) catfish is to roll raw chicken breasts in powdered Cherry Kool-aid.
I had no idea how big a 30 pound catfish is…
Thirdly, after unyaking, I tackled the banana tree prepping it for storage until next spring. The tree is a “cousin” to this brute with fruit.
It’s owner said just to whack off the leaves and keep it from freezing. He put his in his crawlspace under his house, but we have a room between the garage and house (used to be called a breezeway back in the day, now it would be called a clutterway.) I’m thinking it will do just fine there.
You forgot to add you thought you were going with a group – but you had the wrong day!!!
1. The ending of your video reminds me of the ending of my Octoberfest video I posted yesterday. Someone always ends up passing out when there’s beer drinking going on.
2. I hate looking at those ugly catfish, but batter ’em and fry ’em and they make for some good eatin’.
3. You seem to have whack fetish when it comes to bushes and plants.
2. Good lord, no thanks. I can’t get past what they look like and where they live to eat them.
3. that’s true isn’t it! I really do like to whack.