Sunday Stealing: The Time Traveler Meme
1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.
2. Tell us how many years back you have traveled and why.
3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.
4. You only have one “date” with this former self.
5. Answer these questions.
Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you? 1970, 23
1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet? Nope, not a chance, he would think he was seeing my dad.
2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise? Nope, same shit, different town.
3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS? Ditch the leisure suit.
4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know? Am I rich?
5. How would you answer YYS’s question? Are you nuts? Look at the career you picked.
6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS? Switch jobs, keep in touch with your acquaintances and make them friends.
7. What is something that you probably wouldn’t tell YYS? You’ll make compromises that you will regret
8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you? How snarky (some would call it cynical) I’ve become.
9. What do you think will least surprise YYS? That I still lust after a car that will do 0 -100 in a quarter mile
10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into “you” from the future? Not really.