Feeling Crushed By Writer’s Block? Try the Creative Copy Challenge
I float around the web a lot. I start in email or RSS and click here and click there and soon I’m far, far away and don’t know how I got there.
Sometimes I find a site that is fun and a challenge.
I read about writers. I read about writing.
The Creative Copy Challenge is a lot of fun. And this site I remember, came from visiting AnnWayman.com.
It’s our goal to offer the creative community a simple, quick way to crush writer’s block and unleash their creative muses. We believe this site provides just that.
Give it a try, but be warned; once you start, it’s hard to stop it’s so addictive. Besides, are you going to let 10 little random words stump you? Will you just take a peek and leave without “proving” how creative you are? We hope not.
We’ll post a list of 10 random words or phrases every Monday and Thursday. You do the rest.
There are some power-house copywriters – people who actually earn a living as word-workers – that take part. And then there are people like me who lower the standards considerably.
Here are the Ten Words of Thursday:
- Bacchus – a god of wine and giver of ecstasy (sic)
- Pensive – expressing deep thoughtfulness, often with some sadness
- Baroque – Extravagant, complex, or bizarre, especially in ornamentation; relating to a style of 17th to mid-18th century European art and architecture
- Ostentatious – pretentious, showy, or vulgar
- Cobalt – A hard, brittle metallic element
- Smidgen – A very small quantity or portion
- Restrictive – see James’ word choices
Jump over there and have some fun! Especially if you are feeling stumped or uncreative.
Thanks GL60. We have a ton of fun and we love it when new folks show up and prove how creative they are (you included). Besides, what other site gives people a link-back just for commenting!!! If for nothing other than increasing people’s standing with Google, it’s worth 5 minutes to do a challenge. 🙂