Congressional Reform Act 2011
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below.
A. Two Six year Senate terms
B. Six Two year House terms
C. One Six year Senate term and three Two Year House terms
2. Members must abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
3. Congress (present & future) participates in Social Security: Full participation in the Social Security system as any ordinary citizen.
4. No Tenure: A congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office. Retirement is covered by Social Security or participation in a 401k matching fund or by a contributory private plan.
5. Members of congress are prohibited from government contracts for lobbying or any other purposes for 5 years. Past contracts are voided.
6. Members lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as the American people under a revised Health Care Reform Bill.
7. Congress will no longer vote itself pay raises. Congressional pay will rise by the higher of CPI or 3%.
8. Any legislation passed by congress requires a 14 day review period prior to final vote during which time each congressman must read and understand the entire legislation.
9. Legislation will be single issue only with no special interest riders (pork earmarks) attached.
10. All legislation passed will have a specific sunset provision.
UPDATE: (per Bruce’s idea) If you want to sign a petition (can’t vouch for the websites) try these:
I am in total agreement with this act, however it doesn’t do much good if it’s not on the minds of the members of Congress. Is there a petition being circulated? That would be titties and beer! Oh, yea…gave up alcohol 12 years ago today.