- Ulysses S. Grant had no middle name. He just wrote the S because it looked cool.
- Harry S Truman’s middle name was actually just S
- Grover was Grover Cleveland’s middle name. Stephen Cleveland doesn’t sound quite as presidential. Steve Cleveland sounds like a ball player. Grover Cleveland once said
“What do you imagine the American people would think of me if I wasted my time going to the ball game?”
Bring me a Cleveland. Twice.
- Cleveland was elected for two nonconsecutive terms and is counted twice, as our 22nd and 24th president.
After two thoughts, Cleveland is the Woody Allen of presidents…
- Grover Cleveland married Frank in the White House in 1886. The 49-year-old Cleveland married 21-year-old Frances Folsom, who he called ‘Frank’, and was her legal guardian for a while before they were married.
In 1873 at Ulysses S. Grant‘s second inaugural ball, temperatures were so cold that 100 canaries brought in as decoration froze to death. Please retweet.
There are some new holidays under consideration to replace President’s Day. (Via John’s readers.)
- Slinky Day: The day it’s OK to push your co-worker down the stairs.
- Dementia Day: On this special day men get to do what they normally do but without getting grief from their wives.
- Day-O Day: A day to celebrate Caribbean music.