How’s the View from Your Toilet?
This is the reason we need professional builder help when it comes to room design.
This is the view from our master bedroom toilet.
It’s a very small bathroom, 4 1/2 feet x 8 feet. It will have a sink, toilet and shower.
It almost didn’t exist.
1. We needed a professional to tell us that to build a master bedroom without a bath would be a mistake. We’re not sorry we listened. We are sorry we didn’t give up a foot or two more of bedroom space for a larger bath. The bedroom is huge! 450 square feet. (The rest of the house is 700 square feet.)
Today, Sebastien, our builder came over to check the progress and give us a timetable for picking out tile, interior paint, bath fixtures, light fixtures, etc.
2. When builders are ready, they are ready. He is going with us tomorrow to
shop buy tiles, bath fixtures and light fixtures because he is ready to install stuff.
In discussing our bathroom fixtures, a light went off in Sebastien’s head about the window. It is on the wrong wall. If completed, the shower head would have been beside the window and there was no way to affix a shower curtain. We reached a compromise and the window will be moved – at no cost to us.
3. Builders make mistakes. When we got the plans, we should have taken a few days to really look them over and question every detail. We have never done a major remodeling job, although at work I was involved in major construction and can point out some of the dumb things the architects drew up that got built. (ie: an electrical junction box that is 4 inches off the wall…)
4. Experience pays. Our brilliant idea for utilizing the tiny bathroom floor space was to
- have a door that opened out
- have no door
Its a great idea posting this..Hoping many people will like this and it help a lot..
That’s quite a view. I’m jealous.