Chores, there’s always a bunch of ’em.
Today I intended to:
- clean the Pool Verde – the pool maintenance got away from me and is a lovely shade of green. The filter is a lovely shade of green too. The pool guy said I needed to remove the filter and shock the water . (hey water: you are adopted- big enough shock?) Once all the algae settled from the shock, I was gonna vacuum the crud. The pool guy said: better to lose some water than mess around trying to salvage it.
- wash the patio – apparently the rains have ceased being an everyday/all day happening. Instead the pattern has settled into the “normal.” This means less mud tracked onto the patio and a good scrubbing is in order.
- wash the car – hasn’t been done since we bought it. Rain knocks off the surface dirt, but I figure once every couple months I should give it a good scrub.
- take a shower – I didn’t last night because I was pooped. Was planning on being wet most of today and knew that a nice shower would wrap up the day nicely.
- shave my face – I try to shave daily since I retired. Sometimes I forget. Yesterday, I forgot.
All my big plans went out the window – or down the drain – or whatev.
We didn’t have any water after about 9 a.m. We don’t know exactly why, probably never will.
Just: NO WATER…
I’m gonna have to find out the guy in charge of water and give him a nice tip. Great excuse for not accomplishing a damn thing today.