1. What is your origin of your first name? What about any nicknames?
I was named after General Mark Clark. My dad served in WWII and they liked the name. I have no nicknames aside from the names Nancy calls me.
2. Have you any claims to fame?
My biggest is that I am a Kentucky Colonel. That title was given to me as a result of being on the Kentucky Press Association board of directors and the president gave everyone the title as a gift. (Far better than a tote bag.)
3. If you were famous, how would you introduce yourself to someone who had never heard of you?
“I’m in charge of intergalactic communications for all Baby Boomers.”
4. Which of your country’s achievements do you hold in highest regard?
Man on the Moon.
5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A racer – cars.
6. What was your most prized possession as a child? Do you still have it?
My go kart. It was a cheapie frame that didn’t have a live axle (only one rear wheel was a drive wheel.) It had a Disstin two-man chain saw engine that generated 12 horsepower.
I love this steampunk go kart:
7. What would you change about yourself, if you could?
I would be a stud. Ripped. 7 pack abs. But still be 64 years old. What a hoot!
8. What are you obsessed with?
9. What is your greatest achievement so far, or the high point of your career?
I quit my job.
10. When/where were you happiest?
Probably in Bay City when kids were little, debts were small, and love was young.
11. And the lowest point in your life thus far?
12. What was the best decision you ever made?
Haven’t made them all yet, so stand by
13. If you have any body modifications, which was most painful, or which do you regret the most? If you haven’t got any, do you have any planned, or would you ever consider getting any?
I had my knee replaced. Jeezus the recovery was full of pain.
14. What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done while intoxicated?
Drove golf cart home from course (unbeknownst to me a cop followed me home with lights flashing.) I passed out in backyard.
15. What is your favorite joke?
16. What is the coolest/most impressive thing you own?
One share of Apple
17. When did you last cry, and why?
Don’t want to remember.
18. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever had?
Read voraciously. Given to me by Professor Hicks in college.
19. Similarly, what’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for you?
20. Have you any vices?
21. Do you regret anything?
22. What is the best invention ever?
Apollo program. Not only for what it did to get us to the moon, but the spin off technology.
23. How would you describe your relationship with your family?
24. Who is your biggest inspiration?
25. What are you going to do when you’ve finished Sunday Stealing?
Go back to watching The Masters on CBS… Hello Friends.