I used to read a lot of Mommy Bloggers because they can just be so damned entertaining. But eventually I tired of reading about menstrual cycles and their impact on mankind, how vodka added to any thing makes it better, and why squeezing out kids is the best work of life.
According to a 2009 study by BlogHer, iVillage and Compass Partners, 23 million women read, write or comment on blogs weekly.
Old data, but it was the easiest to find… I would guess the number has dropped because blogging isn’t easy.
But the Mommy Bloggers should welcome one more to the fold.
Here are ten reasons why my neice, Angie, should start a blog.
10. AngiesList.com has already paved the way for another Angie. If she would start a blog and called it AngiesSchlitz or AngiesLiszt, I bet should could easily grab some SEO juice.
9. Angie is as cute as a button even though she is old (way past 30). No doubt she hates that description, but it fits. Lookit this face. Cute, right?
8. Angie has worked in Hollywood. She has not only met stars, she has partied with them. Here’s Ben Vereen, who also thinks Angie is as cute as a button.
7. Angie has a hubby, to which she will attach a very clever moniker to keep him semi-anonymous all the while telling the internet why he makes her laugh so hard.
6. Angie has an awesome dog Kirby AKA Dogini, who is world famous having appeared on Animal Planet.
5. This is Miles, Angie’s son. Angie knows her pop culture. This is titled “May the Fourth be with you.”
6. Angie apparently likes her Happy Hour. She called this picture “happy hour on Clermont.”
5. Angie has some fun friends and lives in a fun city in a fun state.
4. She cares about her friends and their bad habits but she will bust them just to make a good joke.
3. She will put Miles into situations that are suitably cringe-worthy for any guy. (Just wait until he’s 13, Angie, he will pay you back!)
2. She can be a hot mama when she puts her mind to it. Here she is completing her first triathalon.
And the number one reason Angie should start a mommy blog…
Because her Uncle Mark said so.